“There is no achievement without goals.”
“Goals in writting are dreams with deadlines.”
“Goals that are not written down are just wishes.”
“You’ll never achieve your dreams if they don’t become goals.”
“Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor.”
There has been so much said and written about goals. Whole books have been dedicated to the subject of goals. The simple fact is that we NEED goals to be successful!
It is the same with fitness goals! How do you achieve your fitness goals? Many of us want to lose weight, build muscle, etc. But year after year, we fail to achieve those goals!
Most people have difficulty with achieving fitness goals because they don’t know exactly what they want or why they want it! Having a goal of “losing weight” or “building muscle” isn’t good enough.
Step #1 to achieve your fitness goals, to get what you want, is to brainstorm WHAT you want and WHY you want it!
- Do you want to be healthier for your family?
- Do you want to stop taking medications related to obesity?
- Do you want to be able to walk up a flight of stairs without being out of breath?
- Do you want to feel good about yourself?
Step #2 to achieve your fitness goals is to WRITE DOWN your goal and be SPECIFIC! Do this for both long term and short term goals!
- Do you want to drop a dress size?
- Do you want to lose 10-15 pounds?
- Do you want to get down below 200 pounds?
- Do you want to get down to single digit body fat percentage?
Step #3 is to set a DEADLINE for your fitness goals! Again, be SPECIFIC!
- Lose 1 pound every week for 12 weeks.
- Drop a dress size by the end of next month.
- Lose 15 pounds in 8 weeks.
- Get below 200 pounds by the end of 2012.
- Get down to 9% bodyfat by June 1st.
Step #4 to achieve your fitness goals is to DEVELOP A PATH to reach your goal. We need to do more than write them down. We need to take action to achieve our fitness goals!
Find those missing pieces of the puzzle and put them together. Put that plan in place and follow it!
- Exercise every day.
- Eat 5 well-balanced meals every day.
- Get 8 hours of sleep every day.
Step #5 to achieve your fitness goals is to get the SUPPORT you need to be successful! A support team will help you evaluate and achieve your fitness goals.
I know you are ready for success!
I know you are ready to achieve your fitness goals!
I BELIEVE YOU CAN DO IT!
Let’s do this together!
In review, the 5 easy steps to achieve your fitness goals are:
- Brainstorm WHAT you want and WHY you want it!
- WRITE down SPECIFIC long term and short term fitness goals!
- Set a specific DEADLINE for your fitness goals!
- DEVELOP A PATH to reach your fitness goal!
- Get the SUPPORT you need to be successful!
Are there any other steps you think we need?