Your P90X® Checklist
By Tony Horton
Here’s a checklist to make sure you hit the ground running:
- Clean out your kitchen. Toss out all the tempting junk. Go through your fridge. Toss the beer. Toss the soda. Toss the mayonnaise. The new healthy you won’t miss it! Anything you’ve been using as comfort food needs to be gone. You’re not going to need comfort food—you’ve got comfort exercise.
- Plan your workout space. You’re going to need a DVD player and a TV, plus some room to move. You’ll be doing chin-ups in Chest & Back, Legs & Back, and Back & Biceps, and there’s no better bar than the P90X® Chin-Up Bar—the most durable pull-up bar ever made. And it’s no ordinary bar. Custom designed with 12 grip positions, this heavy-gauge steel bar will give you the best upper-body workout ever.
- Warn your family and friends that things are about to CHANGE. Tell them you’re going to get fit and healthy, and you need their support. Tell them you’re not interested in snacks unless they’re vegetables. Cocktail hour is now going to be yoga hour. The pizza delivery boy is no longer part of the family. Let them know you’re making a commitment to getting healthy, and you need their help to hold you accountable. After all, you want to be around for them for a long time.
- Fuel your body. You’re going to need plenty of energy to make it through P90X. With over 70 different ingredients, Shakeology® is the Healthiest Meal of the Day®. P90X® Peak Performance Protein Bars each pack 20 grams of muscle-building protein. You can choose any of 4 delicious flavors—Chocolate Fudge, Café Mocha, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Wildberry Yogurt—or order the Variety Pack and try them all!
- Visit the Beachbody® Message Boards. You’ll find lots of support, motivation, and advice from trainers like me and people doing the workouts just like you. When you’re ready to give up or think you can’t eat another serving of “rabbit food,” there are people going through the same thing who are ready to help. For everything from pep talks to recipe tips, check out the message boards to keep you on track and on target.
- Be good to your hands. I designed these ergonomic heavy-duty PowerStands® to help you get the most out of every push-up and alleviate the strain on your wrists and hands. You’ll get maximum muscle engagement and maximum comfort. And give yourself a break from the dumbbells with portable and convenient pro-grade resistance bands.
- Take your “before” photos. It’ll help you stay motivated during the program when you see how far you’ve come. Sure, no one wants to take those pictures of themselves with their gut hanging over their belt, or thunder thighs bulging out of a bikini, but hide those photos away in a drawer for 90 days, because you’re going to want to show people what success looks like.
- Give yourself the tools to recover. What happens to your body in between workouts is just as important as what happens during them. Immediately after a hard workout nothing beats P90X® Results and Recovery Formula® which is formulated with the specific nutrients for maximizing a vital one-hour post workout window where nutrient timing makes all the difference. Most P90Xers say they won’t work out without it, and it tastes great! And on days you do easier workouts, and any other time in between workouts, Shakeology® will give you more recovery-specific nutrients per calorie than any other food you can consume.
- Sign up for WOWY.com, our online SuperGym®. You can enter all your information and start scheduling your workouts or start a workout group with other people who share your interests. If you haven’t heard it before, accountability is key.
Ready? Let’s BRING IT!®