Nutrition, to some people, it’s just a nine-letter word synonymous with food and dieting.
To others, people who know the secrets behind a better workout and a leaner body, nutrition means so much more than just filling their plates.
These people know that with proper nutrition, your body can experience beneficial results that out-compete any fancy pill or expensive surgical intervention.
It’s true! And, to take it even a step further, the timing of your nutrition with correct food choices will turn your body into an energetic, elated, lean, fat-burning machine!
And who doesn’t want that? We sure do!
Not that being lean means you’ll be automatically happier, but, if you eat the right foods at the right times, you’ll feel less grumpy, you’ll have more energy to exercise hard the next time you hit the gym, and you’ll be pleasant for others to be around! Plus, you’ll look good too!
Hopefully, you already learned that eating balanced meals every few hours is one of the keys to a healthy physique, but that’s not what we’re talking about here.
We are talking about eating the right foods at the right times following your workout that will make a huge difference in how you feel when you’re working out and how you feel for the 23 hours that you’re not working out.
Eating correctly after your workout will also help you be able to work out hard the next time you exercise, build more lean muscle, and improve your overall health.
Isn’t that almost too good to be true? But really it’s not!
Still, for some reason, eating correctly after your workout has gotten lost in the vast sea of nutrition information that is on our internet, in textbooks and in other “expert” nutrition reports.
So, right here, right now, we’re going to explain it all to you in this easy to understand list:
- Avoid eating excessive fat in your post-workout meal – this will slow carbohydrate and protein absorption and minimize the anabolic effects of insulin.
- Avoid consuming alcohol – it stops your body from being able to replenish muscle glycogen stores and reduces the muscle protein repair process.
- Avoid waiting too long to eat – you will miss your “recovery window” if you wait longer than 60 minutes to eat. Plus, your blood sugars will likely drop leaving you starving for food.
- Avoid consuming slow-digesting, high-fiber carbs with incomplete protein. Your carbs should be quick-digesting and your protein should contain all the essential amino acids.
- Avoid junk food, empty calories and processed fats in the several hours following your workout – You need quality food all day long to help you build a better body.
- Drink plenty of water and be well hydrated before, during, and after each exercise bout to maximize performance and ensure an optimal hormonal response.
- Most importantly, never eat nothing after your workout. You’re better off eating something rather than skipping a meal for several hours after your exercise session is over.
What could you have after a workout?
Have you heard of the P90X Results and Recovery Formula? It’s proven to help replenish and recover your body from intense workouts. It’s designed to deliver the nutrients you need at the time you need it. If you want to recover faster and more completely, if you want to feel refreshed and ready for every workout, then all you have to do now is get your hands on this re-hydrating, re-energizing drink, the P90X Results and Recovery Formula! Remember that by ordering the P90X Results and Recovery Formula HD (home direct) you can save money on shipping and never have to worry about running out!
Another option, and the one that I use after my workouts, is Shakeology!